Friday, January 23, 2009

+1

I picked up Vilayphone, belly button to belly button bear hug style, and went to the bed and fell into the comfy matress...I made a move for a little action and sure to form Sammy and Ella bound into the room joining us on the bed.

We all start to wrestle around and then I ask Sammy "How much do I love your Mom?" Sammy replies "uuummmm 1000." We all laugh and then Vilayphone asks, "is that all?" "Well, 1001 then" he replied.

How much is a lot? 1,000,000 is a lot of dollars but not pesos, unless of course you have no pesos...then 1 is a lot. 100 is a small number unless of course you are talking about elephants, then that is lot, unless you are from Laos (the land of 1,000,000 elephants) in which case you would have only a few.

I'm confused. But then again I am an old man with old man ways of thinking...maybe we should take a page from the kiddies: add 1 to any number and that is a lot.

Using that logic: I have a lot of kids (2+1= a lot), a lot of friends named Richard (4+1= a lot), a lot of hair (50+1= a lot), a lot of friends (you +1= a lot), a lot of everything + 1= a lot.

Getting to a lot is easy...just add 1.

Fantastic...+1 = a lot.

No comments: