Friday, November 21, 2008

How do we know?

How do you know what you know. I was at lunch to day with my business partner and we started talking about the quest for understanding and truth...typical lite lunch convo :) We have similar yet differing ideas on what is true understanding but we share the same enjoyment of the quest and absolute disdain for the apathetic of the world.

I know little and I am even less wise. I don't even understand why my wife likes shoes so much...I will probably never be quoted in any regard and when my kids look to me for answers I do my best to mask my lack of knowledge.

HOWEVER...I know that application of mental faculties to enlarge understanding is a, if not the, basic requirement to be considered a human being. The waiting room of life is filled with the contently lost...the door is open...nothing keeps them there but apathetic laziness.

Make no mistake I don't claim to have answers...only questions...in fact I don't even know if the questions I am asking are worth anything to anyone else but me...BUT I ASK and I listen.

I enjoyed the lunch conversation and appreciate meeting another traveler on the endless road to nowhere.

P.S. I have been asking the question "what is?" for sometime...it bugs the crap out of my Mom. :)

No comments: